Call for Papers
EuSpRIG is issuing a Call for Papers for the 2004 conference on Spreadsheet Risks,
Development and Audit Methods. The theme is "Risk Reduction in End User Computing". The programme will
- raising the profile of the risks associated with spreadsheet use,
- the management and reduction of the risks associated with spreadsheet use,
- spreadsheet development methods,
- audit tools and methods,
- productivity enhancement,
- learning from alternative solutions and related approaches.
We are seeking the following types of submission:
- full academic papers (up to 5000 words),
- management summaries (up to 2000 words).
It is expected that academics and students will contribute to full papers which
will be reviewed by at least three referees selected from an international panel.
Management summaries are predominantly expected from business people and practising professionals
such as spreadsheet users, developers, auditors and accountants - all who can contribute to the prevention,
detection and correction of errors in spreadsheet models and applications. Two referees will review such
The best student paper will be honoured by a special prize.
- Submit full paper / management summary by 1st March, 2004.
- Acceptance notification is to be received by 31st March, 2004.
The timetable will follow our established pattern of two half-days, to accommodate those travelling some distance,
and will be published in detail in due course.
For submission instructions, details of formatting, handling of illustrations etc. download
these guidelines (11K RTF) or contact Pat Cleary at
Draft papers and abstracts (in English) may be submitted in Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format to:
University of Wales Institute Cardiff (UWIC)
Tel: +44 (0)29 2041 6349